Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fish and Family


My Host Family



On the wall at one of the stations along the way



How American Gas Stations should look


The Tsukiji Market is a lot bigger than what you see on TV and is more than just an auction for Giant Tuna




Fatty Beef



A Temple in the middle of the market







Host Mom getting Tamago



Lunch



Snow Crab


Scallop


Negi


Shaka





Kani-Miso



Bacon!?!?!?!?????


The front of the temple


Another temple done "Western Style"







What real Wasabi looks like








Hello Kitty brand Nori


Killer Crab


Live crabs in sand for I don't know why


Sea Cucs


Killer crab cooked


I don't even know but it was alive





Tuna Head


Mom with Tuna head


Me with Tuna Head





Walked to Gina to catch metro home


Sky tree in distance



Stopped at a cafe on the second floor of a building




Heavy duty nail clippers










Main Street Ginza





Damn big apple store





Tonight's dinner


So today was fun. I'm a great source of amusement for my host parents so far. Today I used my first squat toilet and it wasn't bad but I must have looked funny cause my host mom guessed it after I came out. I also found out that my host dad used to drink and smoke not unlike my own dad. When he was 69 he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and had a surgery I don't really want to describe on here. He has since stopped smoking and only drinks a bear a day maybe and is in perfect health. My dad is in pretty good shape so this must mean you can do one or the other but never both. I may be getting sick but I'm not sure. My ears are plugged and my throat is really sore but otherwise I feel ok. Tomorrow I make a bank account and do a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment