Friday, March 30, 2012

Settling in

I'm becoming more and more able to understand what my host family is saying to me. My main problem is not being able to answer any questions. I unpacked today and registered for classes then took a long nap. Jet Lag is really really really kicking my ass. My host family is soo cute. I got my cell phone yesterday so today while I was asleep, Masao and Machi (host dad and mom) went and got new phones of their own. I also found out that Masao had cancer 6 years ago. I'm told he is doing better now and is totally healthy. They attribute that in part to him eating Natto. They asked me if I would try it and I said yes. I also got to help cook tempura for dinner tonight. I did an ok job but Machi said that whenever I don't have something else planned I can help cook dinner so that I can learn how to cook Japanese food. I also saw something for tempura that you don't see state side, or at least I don't. Grated daikon mixed with a sweet or spicy or both type of soy sauce. It actually makes the tempura taste even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment