Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Host Family and Cheating in a Foreign Language.

So my host family is an elderly couple. Otousan (father) is 74 and okaasan (mother) is 71. No pets but I do get wireless. I have to help with dishes and do laundry. I get breakfast around 7 and dinner around 6:30. There is a daughter and son in their 40's but do not live at the house. I have an 11:00 pm curfew that I can break with permission. I can't smoke and I am only supposed to drink in the house on special occasions. I don't know if either actually speaks any English but Otousan  reads English novels so I maybe able to write my questions and get answered. I'm super scared right now.

My placement in the J-cat was really low. I placed in the lowest level although I'm planning on taking the next higher level because I think I am just rusty and once I get back into everything I'll be fine. I'm trying to go through all the genki stuff as a refresher in the mean time. I am also planing on taking a Learning Japanese through food class which is a level 2-3 but most of my fellow program students are there to help me.

I'm scared as hell. I feel stupid and out of place and a little part of me wants to give up and go home but I'm tired of being weak all the time. I will make this work and I will come back stronger and hopefully be better at Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment